- Generic extension installation instructions can be found here
In order to send out emails with your tracking the following file in the default theme has been modified:
- If this file exists in your theme, you will need to merge the changes with your file (in most cases this will be a simple replace).
- If the file doesn't exist in your theme, replace the file mentioned in point 1.
- Display shipping methods in admin - you should now see 5 new methods called WebShopApps Tracker 1-5
In the shipping methods you now have the ability to define 5 tracking methods and their URLs.
This can be done on a per store basis.
You will need to use a tag to mark the tracking number – for example:
#TRACKNUM# will be replaced by the extension with the number entered in the Shipment information for each order.
- It is important that the URL contains "http://" to function correctly as a web link
- Once defined within Order Management you will be able to select one of the Trackers you have setup and enter a number. This is usually done when you ship the item.
Thereafter in admin you can track the order, the customer will receive in their email a tracking number and hyperlink to track the order, plus the customer can track their orders within their Account Dashboard on Magento.
Below shows how the emails will look:
When purchased a list of known tracking urls is included. These include:
- Royal Mail