The module can now be installed via Magento Connect. Details can be found «HERE»
It is highly recommended to backup your server files and database before installing this module. No responsibility can be taken for any adverse effects it may cause. It is also recommended you install on a test server initially to carry out your own testing.
1. Refresh Cache
2. Within ‘Configuration->Shipping Methods’ you should have a shipping method available called “Webshopapps Matrix Rates”
3. Enable Webshopapps Matrix Rates
4. Set values as appropriate
5. Save Config
6. Change ‘Current Configuration Scope’ to be the Main Website (or your website view)
7. You should now see an import button box appear with a browse box in Matrix Rates.
8. Browse to a CSV file. Details of CSV file configuration can be found below
9. Save the config to upload the CSV. Any errors in the CSV will be reported here
10. If using zipcode numeric ranges then set “Use Zipcode To/From” range to yes (see below for more info on this)
11. Ensure your products are setup correctly according to rules in CSV file
12. You should then see the appropriate shipping rates appear on the front end upon checkout
In order to set up the csv file is is necessary to understand the various criteria you have control over. Many of these may be irrelevant to you, if so use the defaults suggested.
The shipping extension works on a “Best Match” basis. This means it will look for the tightest match first, then work backwards if none can be found. For example if you have 2 rows in the csv, 1 with country code of “US” and one with “*”, then a customer from the US will match on the US row, and a customer from UK will match on the “*” row.
From version 2.0. of the extension there are 2 different length csv files supported. One is 7 columns, the other 9 columns. The 7 column csv is only supported for backwards compatibility reasons, and as such is no longer documented.
The CSV file consists of 9 fields:
For an introduction to CSV files and instructions on how you can set up your, please visit our CSV Configuration page.
Please note: Matrix Rate only supports postcode pattern-matching. This extension has no support for UK postcodes and range-based filtering can only be used in the 'from' and 'to' fields of your CSV file – you cannot use ',' separations between different ranges. We strongly recommend users upgrade to Premium MatrixRate or Product Matrix for the increased flexibility these extensions offer when defining the destination shipping rules for your store.
Also, Matrix Rate only allows you to set your shipping rules according to one variable out of price, weight and quantity in the 'Condition from' and 'Condition to' fields. Again, we recommend you purchase either Premium MatrixRate or Product Matrix for this increased functionality.
If you wish to validate the install has succeeded updating the database look for the table shipping_matrixrate.
This extension has been in circulation since Oct 08 and is highly stable. As ever installing via Magento Connect has it’s issues, as most users will have seen with upgrading Magento and using other extensions.
This software is released under the Open Software License (OSL 3.0) which can be found at