- Extension installation instructions «HERE»
- If you're not using the default Magento theme, copy the layout file from app/design/frontend/default/default/layout/webshopapps_shippingzones.xml into your custom theme layout folder. Also copy the folder app/design/frontend/default/default/templates/webshopapps_shippingzones into your custom themes templates folder.
- Within 'Configuration→Shipping Methods' you should have a shipping method available called "WebShopApps Product Ship Zones"
In order to use this extension you have to do the following:
- Enable the shipping carrier & activate serial key
- Create Shipping Zones
- Ensure you have the newly created attributes in the product listing
- Add prices for each of the shipping zones to the product listings
Shipping Method Configuration
Open Magento Admin
Navigate to “Configuration→Shipping Methods”
Enable the shipping method
Select the 'Name' and 'Title'
Adding Attributes to Product Listing
Instructions for setting up the Attributes can be found «HERE»
Creating Shipping Zones
Shipping Zones define the different groups of countries you ship to. You use these to split up your shipping rates. For example, you may have a set of rates for UK, another for rest of Europe, and another for Rest of World. You would have 3 zones in this scenario.
Define your zones under System→Manage Shipping Zones
You can create upto 8 shipping zones.
Assigning Shipping Rates to Products
The shipping rates are defined within the product listing. If you have added the attributes to your attribute set as instructed above you should see a Shipping tab with 8 zone fields.
You set the price for each zone as applicable and save the listing.
The shipping price is calcuated by taking the sum of the zone prices for each item in the cart. For example if you have 3 items in cart 1*A & 2*B and the destination country is Zone 1 then the shipping price is Zone1A ship price + 2 * Zone1 B ship price.