Many of the WebShopApps extensions will install new attributes into magento. The attributes will usually also be installed into the 'default' attribute set, and sometimes all the attribute sets.
An example attribute is the Shipping Group which is used by many extensions. This is shown under the 'Shipping' tab in a product listing.
If you cannot see the attributes mentioned in the documentation in the attribute set then follow these steps:
- Ensure the attribute exists under Catalog->Manage Attributes->Attributes - if not then check you have searched thoroughly and then see here, as it may be that the SQL has not run
- Ensure the attribute is in the attribute set of the product listing (details below)
It is helpful to look at the default attribute set first to see the attributes an extension has installed under the Shipping tab. This will help you to see what is required for other attribute sets.
Adding Extension Attributes to your Attribute Sets
If you have more than the one attribute set you will may to amend these sets to have the new group included with its associated attributes. See the default attribute set for how it is setup and replicate this in other attribute sets.
If the attribute has already been assigned to each set, then move on to Attributes below to configure the way you need them.
- Navigate to Attributes in Catalogue > Attributes > Manage Attribute Sets
- Click on the Default set
- You should see the new attribute assignment from our extension
- Remember this as you open a new window and go to Attribute Sets again
- Go to the other sets you may have and assign in the same way
- Example shown below
After creation you will see your Shipping tab in the product listing like below:
Setting Attribute Values
Some of the attributes such as Shipping Group are drop down boxes. The values for these need to be defined first before they can be assigned to products in the product listing. To do this:
- Navigate to Attributes in Catalog->Attributes->Manage Attributes
- Open the the relevant attribute for your extension.
Note: If you cannot find the attribute remember there may be multiple pages (alphabetically ordered).
- Do not change the"Used in Product Listing" setting
- Click on Manage Label/Options
- Use Add option to add all the attributes you require
- Put the attribute name in admin field and leave default store view empty like below:
Please Note: The attribute value is case-sensitive, values should only be entered in the "Admin" column and not the store views. If you enter values in store views you will encounter issues.